Monday, March 31, 2014

Sheep, electric fences, and holes in my socks...

Me with the sheep...again, and an old country road out in Tangmere on exchange with Elder Lusty. It looks like more Flavia de Luce scenery! There were these old school planes flying overhead the entire time we were there.


"Happy Mothering Sunday!" It's basically the same as in the states - the Primary and Youth combined to sing a song for the Mothers during Sacrament meeting, and the Bishopric had the primary children running around handing out daffodils to the women. It was pretty cute.

Things have been going pretty well being District Leader. It can definitely be stressful, for sure, but I think that can come in getting used to anything, really. So, I'm totally fine with it. Luckily I didn't have to prepare District Meeting last week, since we had Zone Training, so I have that privilege this week. Elder Gull and I will also be going on exchange with the Zone Leaders, which will be great. Our Zone Leaders are superstars, so I'm excited to be able to learn a lot from them. I guess the main differences are that I'm on the phone a lot more, trying to help the other elders in the district to sort out issues and concerns, and I've got a lot more accounting to do. I'm on the phone for about fifteen-twenty minutes on Wednesday nights, and nearly an hour on Sunday nights getting numbers, concerns, etc. I'm learning a lot to rely on the Zone Leaders, which isn't necessarily as easy as I thought it would be. But, yeah, it's gone pretty well so far.

Man, I better not miss any other big earthquakes! Elder Gull and I were talking about this the other day. I miss having a little earthquake from time to time...
Super weird to hear about all the weddings I'm missing, as well.

As for us, our week's been pretty good. Jade's still coming along really well, though she's a bit nervous about her baptismal date. She feels rushed, and so I know I've got to relax a bit with my teaching. It's really easy to get into a rut and forget that we're working with people, not products sometimes. That's something I've definitely been struggling with lately, but the Lord's been helping me there. Also, John's been doing really well. He wasn't able to make it to church this Sunday, but he will be coming to General Conference, which is great. We're hoping to get quite a few investigators there, which should be really powerful.

That's about it. We're heading off to Portsmouth today. I need to get some socks from Primark, because nearly all of mine have holes in them...

Elder Lusty said, "Do you think that fence is electric? and I said, "No...it couldn't be," so we had to test it out.
I felt jittery for the rest of the day.

An old guildhall in Chichester

Love you,

- Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment