Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunshine, a baptism, and Haggis...who could ask for more?

At Joss' s baptism...Elder Gull, Joss, me, Elder Lusty and Elder Dyck.

Joss's baptism went fantastically on Saturday! Well, all except for my forgetful mind... You know how easily I forget little key things... Like the words for the baptism, and a towel for afterward... Hahahaha, no, we had a great turnout, and it actually went over really well. Joss was very excited to have her sister and brother-in-law there, and they really enjoyed the service. The confirmation the next day was very powerful, too. She got pretty overwhelmed by all of it, but it was a great experience.

Yes, we do have daylight savings time here, but they do it later on in the year, for some reason. I don't know, they've also got Mother's day on a different day, as well as a few other things. I'll probably still wait for American Mother's day to Skype, though, since that's closer to the middle of the year. The weather's been absolutely beautiful here, though, nice and sunny and "warm". Warm enough, that is, that we're not sweating in our shirt and tie, so I'm not complaining.

On exchanges...there is an old manor house behind me.

Chichester Cathedral with Saint Richard in front.

This last week went really well. We've had quite a few more lessons with members along with us, and have picked up a few new people we're working with. One of them, John we met on the street just over a week ago, and he referred himself on mormon.org.uk. He's really cool. I knew I liked him when I walked into his flat and saw on the background of his computer a typography joke as his background (it said, "This is the FUTURA: 1927") Needless to say, he does a bit of graphic design. He just soaks up the lessons, and has already agreed to a baptismal date on the 12th of April.

We also got to meet with Jade a few times. She's just really cool. I think I might get she and Katie in touch on Facebook, or something, since they're both the same age. I'll ask Kate, of course. She's coming along really well, reading the Book of Mormon on her own, coming to mutual, really fitting in well at church. Her date's for the 12th as well.

So, yeah, things are going well. Moves are a week from Wednesday, and I'm fairly certain I'm off, but it's really anyone's guess as to what could happen.

Oh, by the by, I had haggis this week. It was okay. Nothing fantastic - I preferred the black pudding. And we've been eating a lot more Mexican with our discovery of home-made refried beans. Needless to say, we're pretty happy.

HAGGIS!...(don't really know what else to say about this picture.)

Love you,

Elder Green


No comments:

Post a Comment