Monday, June 23, 2014

Youtube-ing!

Hey Guys,

I've got a Youtube channel now.




This has been another great and wonderful week. P-Day was spent mostly preparing food for Zone Training -- I made Elder Gull's pulled pork and a ton of refried beans. It took up a lot of time (and a fair amount of our monthly budget) but everyone was quite impressed.

Tuesday was Zone Training, which was really great. We learned a lot about member involvement, talking to everyone on the street, and the importance of Sacrament meeting. President Millar spoke on the Sacrament, and it was very powerful. I was asked to do a musical number, which I did alright... It wasn't terrible.

The rest of the week was work as usual. We had a DA nearly every night, which was fantastic. I've been using the object lesson on faith with the burning tea bag -- I'll have to take a video of it, and post it up here. It's super fun for kids and stuff, because fire gets anyone interested. We met some amazing people, though! We stopped one guy over in Bewbush and asked him if he'd heard about the Book of Mormon. He was Pentacostal himself, but basically said, "Well, I guess I can't refute the Book of Mormon unless I were to read and pray about it!" Solid.

We had a great teach with Georgina! We were teaching them the Plan of Salvation, and she had a few of her kids friends over, so we had coloring time while we drew out the whole plan. We may have a new investigator from that too, if her parents will give us permission.

Also, went on exchange with the Office Elders on Saturday, which was sweet. We spent some time at the temple to teach a recent convert of Elder Hamilton's. I also had a pretty normal miracle, but it was cool. We had stopped to visit a former investigator, and as I was getting out of the car, I thought I should grab a Family Proclamation pamphlet. So I did. And we saw a guy on the road loading his kid into his car. So, I asked him about his family, and gave him the pamphlet. He ended up being the nicest guy, and so they've got an appointment with him this week.

I think my next hymn's going to be Rock of Ages, as I'm working on an arrangement with the mandolin right now. I'm going to try to get some of the young men from the ward involved, as there are a few musical youth. Also, trying to get Elder Rogers, one of the Crawley ZL's, to write a cello part for "Transfer". But, I'm going to wait to put transfer up until I get a bigger following.

Anyway, that's about it. 

Love you!

- Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment