Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Skyping on Mother's Day with my family!

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I was so glad to be able to talk to you guys. It's so good to hear that all is going well, and that you guys are happy. It's still freaking me out seeing how old Taylor, Kate and Maddie look... Oh my days. I remember Jordan Winters telling me when we were at BYU that when you go on your mission, your family doesn't age at all in your head, so when you come home, all of the sudden they're two years older, and you can't make sense of it. Totally how I felt.

Well, as I said yesterday, the last week was great. We've been doing all we can to study up on Genealogy after President Millar recommended we do so. I've been filling in gaps on Family Search, and it's so exciting, honestly. I wish I had followed those promptings to do more of it before my mission, but what's done is done.

We've seen some amazing miracles this week. I already told you about this one yesterday, but I wanted to make sure it made the blog. Elder Munson and I decided on Tuesday to start praying specifically for what the ward needs, which is youth in the ward. So, we've done our best to ask in every single prayer for a family with four children who are youth aged. And on Thursday morning, we got a text from the mission office with an online referral for a family who has been less-active a little while, and just moved into our ward. They have five children, two of which are youth age, and they are so cool, man. I'm really excited that they're joining our ward. But, that's not a family with four youth age children, so we're still praying for that.

We've had a challenge presented to the whole mission to read the Book of Mormon in 90 days. Well, our zone was a little ahead of the game, and challenged us to read the book of Mormon in 42 days about a week before... So we're trekking along with it. I'm pretty behind, but I'm doing my best to catch up. I'm feeling such a different spirit from doing it, though, and finding so much enjoyment from it, especially from the Isaiah chapters (which I've just finished this morning). The Lord has so much to reveal to us through the scriptures, and I'm really grateful for that.

Final thought: one scripture stood out to me this morning in our Companion Study. It was from from the 29th Section of the Doctrine & Covenants, verse 34. " Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given a law unto you which was temporal; neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam, your father, whom I created." You know, the Lord promises us blessings for everything, more than we ever see. Oftentimes, we can get caught up thinking, "Oh, if I focus really well in the morning, I'll be able to focus better for the rest of the day," or something along those lines, when all in all, the Lord doesn't intend to bless us merely with focus for one day. The commandments are meant to change us. To make us more loving, charitable, humble, virtuous, and Christlike. He's just trying to help us out.

Beautiful Crystal Palace Park in London.

Can you tell how much I love my new mandolin?
Thank you to the Grant Family for the wonderful gift!

Doing a little yard work. There sure is a lot of "Stinging Nettle" in England...I am finding out.



Trip to the London Temple with Nisha, Nikita and Tim.

Thank you to the Welch's for having us over to Skype, have dinner and play a game of 'Password.'
This week Team Europe took the victory...but USA will be back!


Anyway, Love you guys so much,

- Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment