Monday, October 7, 2013

Area 2: Havant (pronounced like "haven't")


Havant is a little seaside town located between Portsmouth and Chichester.

The new area is fantastic! We're in more of a city area, which is kind of strange to me. We walked down the street from our flat the other day, and I started freaking out because we passed a shopping mall... I guess that's what living in the country has done to me.

Elder (Miles) Sorensen is a great guy. He's from Parker, Colorado, and is a great missionary. He's only been here one transfer, so neither of us know the area as well as we wish we did, but we're working through it. He reminds me a lot of Tahoe, for some reason. We have a lot in common, and though I'm going to miss Elder Blackner and everyone else in Newton Abbot, I'm not going to let that stop me from working hard in this area.

As you guys know, General Conference was this weekend. Honestly, it's so amazing watching it as a missionary. When I can, I'm going to put it all on a USB so that we can watch it in our flat over, and over again. I'm so grateful for the messages about missionary work. I can testify as to how much of a difference it really does make when members get involved with the missionaries.

But I've noticed it's not just going out with the missionaries that does the job. One of the biggest things that members can do is their home and visiting teaching. I could go on and on and on about how dang important this is! Oh my days. (Must be like "Oh my heck" in England...I've never heard him say this before!) I don't want to sound preachy, but when home teaching numbers are down, less active numbers go way up.

Anyway. We're still by the seaside, which is nice. Today we're headed down to a naval museum with the rest of our district (AKA our district leader and his companion). It's a small district. And I didn't think that anyone could live up to the McMurtry's, (and no one can), but it's nice to know that we've got another fantastic Senior Couple in this area. The Powell's are so good to us, and it's cool to know that I can get all the embarrassing stories about Elizabeth Powell (a friend from BYU) from them. Just kidding.

Anyway, I'm so grateful for the blessing of the gospel in my life, and even more grateful for the opportunity to share it with others.

Saying goodbye to the Turney's..."Farewell Newton Abbot!"

Love you all,

Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment