Monday, October 21, 2013

A Week Full of Miracles...

Can I just take a second and talk about all the incredible miracles we've seen this week? So, on Thursday, we just saw one after another... It started when we went to the bus station, and were trying to figure out which monthly bus pass we were supposed to buy. This woman walked up to us and asked if we were Latter-day Saints. She then told us about how she had seen us out on Hayling Island, and how the church had literally saved her life. She had been in a coma, and everyone in the church prayed for her and raised money for her operation, and now she and her son are alive. We told her where the church was, and she wouldn't stop thanking us. After that, we had an appointment cancel, and just in talking to some people on the street, found a woman who hadn't been active since she was a child, and was somewhat interested in coming to church again. Then, we met this guy, and tried to tell him about the Book of Mormon. He said it wasn't for him, because it wasn't the Bible and then walked away. We continued on, and not a minute later, he ran down the street trying to catch us. He told us he hadn't given the Bible a chance at first either, and wanted to learn more about the Book of Mormon. We're coming by this week.

There were more that day, and more throughout the week, but wow! I'm so glad to be a missionary.

I haven't had as many opportunities to use my music here yet... I'm going to frustrate you, Mom, but I've already got a guitar and ukulele that are mine. I'm working on getting a Mandolin... Hahaha, just kidding. The guitar was only £20 from a member in Newton Abbot, and the Ukulele was a gift from Ashley and Jade. Every once in a while I stick the uke in my bag and take it proselyting with me. I should be playing this week at this lunch club thing a member wants us to go to. He's really hoping it will open some doors for us, and I'm praying it will be good.

Here are a few pictures I took this morning. I don't know what happened, but none of the pictures that I have taken in the last 3 months are showing up on my SD card. I hope they can be recovered...but I have a feeling they won't. Good thing I've sent a few pictures home.

19 Leigh Road...Where I live.
The outside of our flat.
At the train station, this morning.
Haircut day!

Well, I love you all, and can't wait to hear back from you.

Elder Green


No comments:

Post a Comment