Monday, September 2, 2013

"It's so absolutely incredible..."


Work's been going really well here. We've got five baptismal dates at this point--Steve, Terena, Phoebe, Jade, and a woman we met last week named Shana. Our other numbers haven't been as good, but seeing as we're focusing on our investigators a bit more, we're not too worried. It's so good being able to get out and work hard every day on helping others out.

I've been thinking a lot about how I can focus my teaching on the Savior lately. Rory and Scott told me about how their biggest regret about their mission was that they didn't focus as much on the Savior, which I completely understand. It's really easy to get caught up talking to people about Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon, and the Plan of Salvation--all of which we need to help people understand. But as Cleon Skousen said in his talk, "The Meaning of the Atonement," that is not our message. Joseph Smith testified of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. The Plan of Salvation is His plan for us. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. We're supposed to help them with everything else remembering that Jesus Christ is the center of it all. It's so absolutely incredible the things that He has done for us, and the things that we are able to do through His help. Anyway, that's probably enough of a sermon. I just get really excited when I think about how amazing that is.

We're headed up to Dartmoor today. We're hoping to go see Hound Tor and Haytor, and I'm super excited. It'll be nice to get out there while my family is camping in Big Sur...without me.

Here are some pictures of me this week!

In Chudleigh.

Can't you just imagine Dieter driving his tractor along these rolling fields?...
And Flavia riding "Gladys" along these roads?

In Teignmouth...we went contacting along the beachfront, which was so nice.

Love you much,

Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment