Monday, September 15, 2014

Looking Forward to General Conference!

Weather here in England is doing alright. It's been a bit warm, but nothing too bad, lately. We've been having scattered showers from time to time, which helps things. Honestly, some mornings I wake up and wish that it were raining.

Man, I am getting so excited about General Conference, honestly. It's so funny being a missionary, because that's one of the things you seem to look forward to most: more talks to read from in Personal Study, more information to plan District Meetings on, new Mormon Messages for investigators!!! (I think being a missionary is getting to me.) For those of you who don't know what General Conference is, twice a year we have the Prophet, the 12 Apostles, and the other leaders of the church speak to us about what God would want us as a whole to know. Honestly, it's the best.


So, this last week's been pretty good. Not a whole lot to say about it, honestly. We taught our investigator a few times -- he's doing better, for sure. We've decided to focus on helping him to live everything else, and by doing so, he'll be more able to live the rest of the Gospel. So, that's the plan for now. We haven't been able to see the Portuguese family in a little while...

Oh, and I didn't sing at Zone Conference. For once, there's someone else in the Zone that they ask to do musical numbers! Sister Walmsley did a fantastic song that she had written. She writes tons of songs like it's no big deal, and sometimes I'm jealous of that. She's actually got a blog where she puts them all up. I'll link you to it.

Elder Nunnally and Elder Barney are doing great! Things are going pretty well. I feel like the whole mission is still getting used to the new training plan with the lessons thing, but we're trekking through.

I've not yet scheduled driving lessons. I'll probably be doing that today or tomorrow. I might even wait until Wednesday to see how Elder Barney's first lesson with this company goes.

Oh, by the by, I was in the presence of British Nobility this past week. We were asked to sing for a WWI tribute at the Visitor's Centre this past week. We sang Jerusalem, and the local Lord and Lady were there. Pretty sweet. The rest of the meeting was pretty good, except for the listing of everything the British Legion has done with their money in the past year...

Yes, we're off to Winston Churchill's house today,

Went for a haircut this week and they asked me if I wanted a part line...and I said, "Yeah, I part my hair"...Then, they took a buzzer and a cutthroat razor to my head and carved a line through my hair! Then they proceeded  to puff up the rest of my hair using a ton of hairspray... It looked absolutely ridiculous.



Love you!

- Elder Green

No comments:

Post a Comment